|Historic Residence Restoration, Dublin.|
The Superintendent's Lodge in the Phoenix Park (originally known as "The Bailiffs Lodge") was planned by Jacob Owen, Architect to the Board of Works in 1834 and was extended and completed by Decimus Burton in the cottage ornée style in 1839.
The accumulation of old grey paint on eve and fretted bargeboards had started to peel some years previously, exposing the original green colour, specified by Burton. It was decided to redecorate the exterior of the building and revert to the original colour scheme.
McConnells were consulted and asked to match the original colour with a quality decorative gloss paint over a suitable undercoat for the woodwork and the same colour in good quality exterior masonry paint for the house plinth and window reveals.
McConnells supplied a brushable oil modified polyurethane undercoat and Gloss finish based on their Fortacoat Q638 silicone alkyd system.